If you are a local political leader in Africa, Asia or Eastern Europe, a woman and most importantly, an agent of change – this programme is for you. The ICLD’s aim with this programme is to:
– Empower you with improved leadership skills
– Help you fully utilize the power and influence of your position
– Strengthen you as a role model to encourage political participation among marginalized groups
– Give you access to a network of women in similar positions
– Help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
The following countries are eligible for the programme: Albania, Botswana, Georgia, Indonesia, Kenya, Kosovo, Montenegro, Mozambique, North Macedonia, South Africa, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia.
The programme period: December 2019 – November 2020.
Participants should be elected women politicians (currently in office) in a local/regional government.
Application period to the next round of this programme is now closed.
This programme will be followed by a 7th cohort in 2020-2021.