Now you can join our team! We are looking for a programme officer for our Knowledge Centre.
We are looking for a creative program officer to operationalise our strategy of connecting research and practice. You will help researchers to translate and communicate their findings into creative videos, social media content and policy briefs. You will match local government officials and politicians with researcher that can help them with their challenges. You are also in charge of editing our publications.
Who you are
We are looking for a motivated and driven program officer with excellent communications skills to organize virtual and physical workshops and conferences. You should have the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in political sciences, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- You have at least 4 months experience organizing interactive and engaging workshops or conferences.
- You can create social media content
- You have a proactive and flexible approach, get things done and can deliver results with short deadlines.
- Interest in local democracy and development.
- You have strategic and analytical skills, and you know how to conceptualise relevant research findings into a practical context.
- You can edit short videos.
- You should speak and write in excellent English and be able to communicate in basic Swedish. Other languages such as Spanish and Swahili are an asset.
- Knowledge from ICLD’s impact countries: South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Colombia, Guatemala, Serbia, Kosovo, Ukraine, and Russia.
We can offer
- Travel and work with local governments in 15 countries.
- Support the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Organize conferences and communicate research in a way that can make an impact on people living under poverty.
Form of employment
This is a one-year position with possibility for extension. Your workplace is preferably Visby, but we have a degree of flexibility. Starting date is 1st of May 2022 or earlier. The position requires international travels equivalent to about 25 days a year.
Send motivation letter, master thesis and CV to the email email@example.com at the latest the 28h of February marked with the subject “Research”. In your letter tell us why you want to be our next program officer and how you can impact the world connecting research and practice. We strive to reflect the diversity of society and welcome all applicants.
Ana Maria Vargas Falla – Research Director
+46 (0) 725698814
UNION REPRESENTATIVE AT ICLD
+46 (0) 498-41 02 91