As part of the application the participants have come up with ideas for change projects that they intend to work on during the duration of the program.
The project themes include the following core areas of local governance:
– Public participation in decision making
– Youth participation in decision making
– Public budgeting
– Female participation in politics
– Equitable service delivery to different abled citizens and participatory urban management planning.
The third round of this programme will be launched in Tbilisi by ICLDs Secretary General Olov Berggren and Linn Nettelvik, second secretary at the Embassy of Sweden in Georgia.
– We at the ICLD are excited to welcome this new cohort of the international training programme “Local Governance with a Rights Based Approach” and look forward to work with them under the coming 18 month, says Olov Berggren.
The Georgian participants represent the capital city of Tbilisi and the municipalities of Kutaisi, Zugdidi and Rustavi.
The Serbian participants come from the municipality of Uzice.