- The work to strengthen democracy at the local level is more important today than ever before. I would therefore like to congratulate all local governments approved for Municipal Partnerships in this round of application. Your dedicated efforts will make a true difference! Johan Lilja, Secretary General at ICLD.
In this round of applications for the Municipal Partnership Programme, 18 applications from 12 Swedish and 13 international local governments in partnerships have been approved for funding. The partners address different topics such as:
- Arvika, Sweden and Moi’s Bridge, Kenya working towards equitable access to clean drinking water
- Kalix, Sweden and Masaka, Uganda addressing children’s rights and influence in decision making processes
- Region Västernorrland, Sweden and Mombasa, Kenya taking on the issue of sustainable consumption and waste management
- Sjuhärad Association of local authorities, Sweden and Da Nang, Vietnam focusing on the implementation of Agenda 2030