ITP – Local Governance with a Rights Based Approach
The main objective and rationale of the International Training Programme (ITP) “Local Governance with a Rights Based Approach” is to contribute to the ongoing and new reform and change processes in order to achieve socio-economic
development in the selected local governments. After completing the programme, the participants are expected to have acquired improved knowledge and skills in the following areas:
– Decentralization and good governance with a rights based approach.
– Local governments in a multi-level democracy in a comparative perspective.
– Relevant tools to support local development and local democracy with a rights based approach.
– Change management and strategic planning.
– Expanded national and international networks. In addition to presenting and
sharing Swedish experiences the programme will facilitate mutual learning and sharing of experiences by participants from the respective