The project’s overall objective is to strengthen the capacity of Lugazi Town Council to involve citizens in decision making processes and hence strengthen the confidence and trust between the two groups.
The project will provide methods and tools to work with citizens towards the set goals but also to work with its own administration and politicians.
- A concrete process to be implemented in the project designed and stakeholders.
- An educational intervention on environment preservation and methodology to be implemented in Lugazi Town Councils and to teachers (active in Namengo).
- A training effort has to be established in Lugazi Town Councils, teachers (working in Namengo) for environmental education and methodology.
- School children in Namengo to have knowledge of how and why one should sort the waste.
- An invention of current waste management in Namengo to be made in conjunction with selected groups of women from the Namengo ward.
- An action plan for changing behavior regarding waste management, with the target group women in Namengo to be established.