This application concerns one of three projects within the partnership between Robersfors, Sweden and Machakos, Kenya. A formal agreement for co-operation and partnership between Robertsfors and Machakos was signed in 2007. This partnership seeks to build the conditions which establish a base for long term sustainable change.
Through this partnership both municipalities focus on producing long-term and functional platforms for sustainable development in each municipality. By platforms we mean:
- action plans for sustainable development
- capacity centres that makes learning, co-operation and further development possible, and
- concrete good examples that is sustainable, tangible and visible.
Expected results: The platforms are to be seen as interlinked with each other, where no one can be neglected. The action-plan, built on a thorough analysis of principles, needs, conditions and strategies, is necessary when planning for sustainable change. The capacity center is necessary for learning and communication. Good examples are necessary for creating visible and sustainable results, and for motivating citizens. These 3 platforms could be summarized in 3 words – planning, learning, doing – each as important as the other.
Project Goals are:
- To develop an attractive meeting ground for the stake-holders in Robertsfors and Machakos, that supports learning for sustainable development.
- To develop this meeting ground, so it becomes relevant for other municipalities.
Target groups for this project are:
- Communicators, educators and analysts in each municipality
- Politicians and civil servants in each municipality