The overall objective of the project is to create a democratic local society in Wuhan and that the municipality is working in a structured way to ensure a sustainable environment in the City of Wuhan.
The cooperation between Wuhan and Borlänge also strives to contribute to a positive democratic development, through increased understanding of dialogue and interaction, and increased knowledge of available and future environmental technologies and improved working methods to promote a better environment.
The expected results of this project are:
- staff in the two co-operating municipalities have learned methods and acquired tools to collaborate between different entities and other actors
- Borlänge and Wuhan have started a cooperation within a specific environmental area such as solar energy research or waste management
- all participants in the project have received training in environmental technology
- companies and organizations in Borlänge and Wuhan have been given opportunities to find each other – work together and interact for green development
- that we, through our cooperation and interaction contributes to greater understanding of the value of democratic processes and how it leads to greater added value in municipal development.