ICLD Mentor’s handbook
A mentor for ICLD’s networks or programmes is an experienced professional who is an expert in the theme of the programme, and has an in-depth knowledge of the local context and culture.
Mentor’s role include following things:
- Listening and asking questions to help develop your mentee’s or team/-s understanding of a situation or problem
- Providing information and knowledge and sharing informal networks
- Providing advice on change project/-s or change processes
- Offering different perspectives
- Providing support and encouragement during the length of the ICLD training
- Being a sounding board
- Being a critical friend
- Encouraging self-reflection and utilization of ICLD learning tools
- Assisting ICLD during workshops, feed-back sessions, etc.
- Helping your team identify areas for development