How to apply
Apply by using the application form and attach required documents. Application deadline is 31 March 2019.
Please find the application form at: https://response.questback.com/icld/lda
We encourage participation from researchers interested in the role of cities and local governments in development to apply.
Priority will be given to researchers conducting research in municipalities in low- and middle-income countries, particularly the following: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, China, Georgia, Indonesia, Kenya, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Mozambique, Namibia, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
However, researchers conducting research on local governments in other parts of the world are also welcomed to apply.
Please note, proficiency in English is a requirement as the academy will be held entirely in English.
ICLD will cover the cost of economy transportation, accommodation and food during the academy. Participants are responsible to obtain any travel documents, including visas, that are require for their entry to Sweden. For information about how to obtain a visa to Sweden visit: https://www.swedenabroad.se/
As part of the application form you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- An abstract of a paper or research project that is a “work in progress” to be discussed at one of the thematic sessions (250-500 words)
- A letter of intent specifying what you can contribute to the Academy and what you hope to get from your participation (250 words)
- Application deadline is 31 March 2019. Apply now!
- Results 20 April 2019
- Confirmation of attendance by selected participants 25 April 2019
- Deadline to send “work in progress” (an article, chapter, or research proposal) to be discussed at the Academy 20 May 2019
- Arrival in Umeå, Sweden 9 June
- Academy 10-14 June 2019
- Departure 15 June