KP – The many faces of the district
To enhance and deepen knowledge about human rights, democracy, equality and interculturality. In order to achieve this, the project will develop forms and methods to increase the influence that young people, and in particular girls, regardless of social, ethnic or religious background, can exert on local democracy in relation to physical planning. Democratic processes will be initiated and improved within the project. Knowledge and understanding of the history of the locality will be deepened by involving officers/music teachers/teachers/school leaders/politicians/young people and representatives of the Youth Council in the Municipality of Cair and in the Municipality of Botkyrka.
Those participating in the project will gain increased knowledge of how, and opportunities, to exert an influence on local decisions in the municipality in respect of the physical environment.
• Those participating in the project will gain increased knowledge of how they can exert an influence on decisions in the municipality in respect of the physical environment.
• There is a properly functioning forum for regular meetings between young people and politicians in the respective municipalities that will deal with development issues relating to the physical environment.
• That there is a special focus in the local community on reports from women and young people concerning a specific district.
• Cooperation between the municipalities of Botkyrka and Cair is well established.
Indicators (Describe the indicators (monitoring tools) showing whether the project achieves its objectives or not. Indicators should be able to monitor project progress and objectives):
• At the evaluation meeting, the participants consider that they gained an increased understanding of how they can exert an influence on decisions in the municipality in respect of the physical environment.
• There is a forum for regular meetings between young people and politicians in the respective municipalities that deals with development issues relating to physical environment.
• That the project’s exhibitions reflect in particular the reports from young people and women relating to the district.
• There are long-term relationships between participating parties.